With the opening of training camp today, the 49ers signed another one of their recent draft picks — offensive lineman Cody Wallace. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Wallace was taken in the fourth-round of last April’s draft out of Texas A&M. According to the 49ers’ web-site, Wallace served as the Aggies’ team captain and started 13 games, earning All-Big 12 Conference honors.
His signing comes a day after the 49ers signed third-round draft pick — cornerback Reggie Smith. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Smith was the 75th overall selection in April’s draft out of the University of Oklahoma. He started 36 of the 39 games he played in, earning “first team” All-Big 12 Conference honors in his junior season. Only defensive tackle Kentwan Balmer, a first-round pick, remains unsigned.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on