The competition for former Raiders OL Barry Sims was pretty hot going into the weekend, and today Sims made it known that he’s heading to San Fran to sign with the 49’ers. “What maybe tips it a little bit is the money is a little bit better and you don’t have to move to play here,” Sims agent, Ken Vierra said. “All I can tell you is he had a good feel in San Francisco.”
Sims started all 16 games last year for the Raiders, but the team was not all that happy with his play, and released him this offseason. Among the teams that were looking for Sims to come aboard included the Ravens, Rams, and at one point, the Pats, who were taken out of the running after it was said that he would not be up for a starting job.
He joins the Niners as a possible starter on the O-line, and at 6-5, 300 pounds has had the experience (10 years in the league) to help out the line. He had played his entire career with the Raiders, playing in 120 career games in those 10 seasons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on