A few 49ers whispers from the folks at Pro Football Weekly:
-The disgruntled Jason Taylor (I mean, who ISN’T happy with being rich, young and famous and living in Miami?) is not a potential acquisition for the 49ers. Glad that’s settled.
-Rookie center Cody Wallace, a fourth-rounder pick in April, might push Eric Heitmann for playing time sooner than the Niners’ coaches had anticipated. He has displayed “textbook knee bend and hand placement.” I love football jargon.
-Apparently, many members of the Niners organization had high hopes for Ezra Butler, rookie free agent linebacker who was caught with weed after getting booked for driving under the influence in his styling Hummer. One NFL scout even went so far as to tell a Niner team insider that Butler had second-round talent. Yikes, that’s why you have to be smart when given golden opportunities in life. Butler might get another chance in the NFL, but it doesn’t look good for a rookie free agent to have already burned his first chance in the league. He won’t get many more.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on