The 2008 NFL Scouting Combine wraps up today at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis with the cornerbacks and safeties all working out in front of various scouts and general managers. A pair of Bay Area college athletes are expected to take the field today– California safety Thomas DeCoud and San Jose State cornerback Dwight Lowry. Both players will be put through various workouts to test their strength, speed and agility, such as the bench press, 40-yard dash and vertical leap.
Saturday’s workouts with the wide receivers were highlighted by California’s DeSean Jackson running the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.36 seconds. Today’s workouts will be the last ever event held at the RCA Dome, which opened in 1984. The facility will make way for the new 63,000-seat Lucas Oil Stadium, a retractable-roof stadium which is scheduled to open in time for the 2008 NFL season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on