In my “Saturday Niners Thoughts” column on, you guessed it, Saturday, I mentioned that the Niners were under investigation by the NFL for tampering charges related to unrestricted free agent linebacker Lance Briggs.
I emailed Aaron Salkin, Director of Public Relations for the Niners, about the organization’s response to the investigation and he had this to say in an email response: “We have nothing to say on the matter.”
At the time I fired off an email to Salkin, I followed that with an email to Mike Signora, who is the Director of Media Relations and International Communications for the NFL. I asked him about the investigation and he responded with this statement: “Thanks for your note. Issues such as these are internal matters between the league office and the clubs, and we will not have further comment.”
So I am basically writing a column to say that the 49ers and the NFL wouldn’t offer any comment on the matter.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on