ESPN.com has come out with it’s list of the top quarterback performances in Super Bowl history and three of the top five and four of the top 10 are from the San Francisco 49ers. Topping the list was Joe Montana’s 297-yard, five-touchdown performance against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 24. Montana completed 22-of-29 passes enroute to earning his third Super Bowl MVP award as San Francisco crushed the Broncos, 55-10. Steve Young landed at number-two with his six-touchdown performance against the San Diego Chargers in Super Bowl 29.
Young finished the evening 24-of-36 passing for 325 yards as the 49ers beat the Chargers, 49-26. Landing at number-five was Montana’s 331-yard, four-touchdown game against the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl 19. The Raiders made the list at number-13 with Jim Plunkett passing for 261 yards and three TD’s in Oakland’s 27-10 victory over Philadelphia in Super Bowl 15.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on