Tully Banta-Cain recovered a Kurt Warner fumble in the end zone with 4:56 left in overtime as the San Francisco 49ers beat the Arizona Cardinals, 37-31, at University of Phoenix Stadium. With the Cardinals at their own three-yard line after a 49ers punt with 5:02 left in the extra period, Warner dropped back to pass but was hit by defensive tackle Ronald Fields. Banta-Cain then fell onto the ball for the game-winner.
Trent Dilfer went 25-of-39 passing for 256 yards and two touchdowns while Frank Gore ran for 116 yards and a pair of scores for the 49ers, who snapped an eight-game losing skid to improve to 3-and-8 on the season. The victory helped San Francisco avoid it’s longest losing streak since 1978. Warner finished the day 34-of-48 passing for 484 yards with two touchdowns and a pair of interceptions while Larry Fitzgerald caught nine passes for 156 yards and two scores for the Cardinals, who dropped to 5-and-6. The 49ers are on the road against the Carolina Panthers this Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on