Barring a miraculous recovery from his current forearm injury, it appears that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will sit in favor of reserve QB Trent Dilfer this Sunday against the St. Louis Rams. It looks like the forearm injury is a result of trying to overcompensate from Smith’s previous shoulder injury.
Both Smith and team head coach Mike Nolan cleared the air in a meeting Thursday (today); the disagreement that followed – based on lack of communication – led to the benching by Nolan. As it were, the disagreement was a two-fold argument – communication issues and his ineffieiciency as quarterback since he returned from his shoulder injury.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on