49’ers kicker Joe Nedney was fined $7,500 by the NFL today for his flipping of the bird at fans during Sunday’s game at Monster Park. The kicker had said sorry after the incident post game of the 31-10 loss to the Saints, and said again today that frustration got the better of him. “It was the culmination of a frustrating day for me,” Nedney said. “Rather than taking a deep breath and counting to 10, I heard something that rubbed me the wrong way at the wrong time, and I made a mistake.” The vet made the gesture after he was booed for kicking the ball out of bounds after kicking a field goal that made it a 24-3 game. This season he is 8-for-9 on field goal attempts.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on