Drew Brees went 31-of-39 passing for 336 yards and four touchdowns, three of them to Marques Colston, as the New Orleans Saints pounded the 49ers, 31-10, at Monster Park. David Patten added five receptions for 109 yards for the Saints, who have won three straight games to improve to 3-and-4 on the season. New Orleans gained a season-high 438 total yards. Brees improved to 3-and-0 all-time against the 49ers while the Saints won their fourth straight game against San Francisco. In the loss, Alex Smith went 22-of-43 passing for 190 yards and a touchdown as the 49ers lost their fifth consecutive game to fall to 2-and-5. Running back Frank Gore played through a sprained ankle and finished the day with 12 carries for 41 yards. The 49ers hit the road this Sunday for a matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on