As if getting beat up 31-10 at home was not enough, the 49’ers today are likely going to have to feel the backlash of what kicker Joe Nedney did Sunday after kicking off out of bounds. Nedney was booed on the play, and as he left the field he rubbed the back of his head and showed an extended middle finger. Postgame the kicker quickly tried to make amends for his stupid act. “I apologize for my gesture at today’s game,” Nedney said in a statement released by the team. “It is tough to be part of a loss, and my emotions got the best of me. Nobody is harder than ourselves on our team. I know losing is tough for fans, too. It was an emotional response during the game and again, I apologize.” The team was down 24-0, and Nedney kicked a field goal proir to kicking off out of bounds. Reports say that the kicker may be subject to a fine or other discipline for his acts.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on