49’ers quarterback Alex Smith, still rehabilitating from an earlier shoulder injury, was held out of team practices yesterday. Smith had hoped to be on the practice field as the team contnues to prepare for Sunday’s matchup in East Rutherford against the New York Giants but was held to just private workouts. While Smith remained mostly on the sidelines, his backup, Trent Dilfer, continued to work with the first-team offense. Smith has been out of action since suffering a sperated shoulder during a “Week Four” loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Talking about the situation on the 49ers web-site, Smith said “I’m just hoping not to take a step back here. We’ll see tomorrow. I was just not quite ready to go full blast today.” Head coach Mike Nolan said a decision on Smith won’t be made until later this week. Kickoff from Giants Stadium on Sunday is set for 10 a.m.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on