If you can’t meet halfway, just buy ’em out. With their sights still set on moving to the South Bay, San Francisco 49ers officials are now considering buying out the owners of Great America Theme Park to get a new stadium built. The team has been trying since last November to get a new 853-million-dollar stadium built next to their training facilities in Santa Clara but the owners of the theme park, Cedar Fair Entertainment, have opposed allowing the 49ers to build the stadium on Great America’ back-up parking lot. The Santa Clara County Assessor’s Office has valued the land at 114-million dollars. Reports of Cedar Fair blocking the proposed stadium as a negotiating tactic are being downplayed by the 49ers. Meanwhile, San Francisco city officials are still moving foward on a stadium plan at the former Hunters Point Naval Shipyard.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on