In an attempt to reinvigorate an anemic offense, the San Francisco 49ers waived wide receiver Taylor Jacobs and re-signed WR Bryan Gilmore who will take over Jacobs’ #3 WR spot. In training camp, Jacobs beat out Gilmore and in doing so surpassing fellow WR Ashley Lelie on the wide receiver depth chart. But Jacobs underachieved even with the current 49ers offense, catching only 3 passes for 40 yards and one touchdown.
49ers head coach Mike Nolan told the Associated Press, “Taylor has exceptional skills, but we were not getting the production we needed at that spot.” Jacobs’ lack of productivity necessitated the Gilmore signing. Gilmore had only 8 catches for 150 yards last season, which spurred the 49ers in signing Lelie, but Lelie hasn’t made a catch in 4 games this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on