Allen Rossum returned a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown while Ben Roethlisberger finished the afternoon 13-of-20 passing for 160 yards and a score as the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the San Francisco 49ers, 37-16, at Heinz Field. Najeh Davenport scored on a 39-yard run while Willie Parker added 133 yards on the ground for the Steelers, who improved to 3-and-0 on the season. Roethlisberger improved to 11-and-1 in his career as a starter against the NFC. In the loss, Alex Smith went 17-of-35 passing for 209 yards with a touchdown and an interception while Joe Nedney kicked three field goals, including a 49-yarder as San Francisco dropped to 1-and-2. The loss denied San Francisco’s first 3-and-0 start since the 1998 season. Frank Gore added 39 yards rushing for the 49ers, who return home to battle the Seattle Seahwaks this Sunday afternoon.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on