It was not an easy week for 49’ers running back Frank Gore, as on Wednesday his mother – Liz Gore, passed away at the young age of 46 after kidney disease. Gore missed practice on Thursday, but was back on Friday, and will play in this weekends game vs the Rams in St.Louis. Gore told reporters after practice that it was tough to be back, but he stated that his mother would want him to be okay and back with the team.
“It’s tough, but I know that my mom, she’d want me to be all right,” Gore said. “I had to suck it up and come (back to work). It’s tough. After the game I’ll go home, be with my family and bury my mom. She fought all her life. I’m happy I had a chance to do the things I did for her. It’s tough. Me and my mom were tight.”
Gore will get some more time off from the team this next week, as he will leave St. Louis for his home in Coral Gables., Fla., after the game. Services for Liz Gore will be Tuesday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on