San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore missed team practice Thursday after learning of the death of his mother, according to the Associated Press. 49ers head coach told AP, “I think that Frank feels that his mother would want him to do his job. Frank knows that. I think that’s where he’ll put his attention when it comes to Sunday’s game. I’m sure it’s hard for him to get focused with what happened.”
Gore was extremely close to his mother who despite chronic kidney disease, raised three children on her own. Gore said himself that he left the University of Miami a year early so he could provide for his mother and family. Gore still plans to play in the 49ers game against the St. Louis Rams on sunday then fly home to Miami shortly thereafter.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on