The 49’ers have announced that they wear their cherry-red throwback jerseys when they take on the Cards in the regular season opener in honor of former head coach Bill Walsh. The team was given permission to wear the jerseys by the league according to owner John York. The team is also looking at other tributes for Walsh, who passed away recently after a bout of leukemia. “The fans here wanted this from Day One, but we had to make sure we had permission to do that,” York said. “I think this is very appropriate for Bill, and I’m glad we were able to do it.” San Fran will also hold a moment of silence before their Monday night preseason opener against the Broncos in honor of Walsh.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on