The 49’ers got some bad news Monday as nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin left practice field on a cart with a knee injury. The NT was injured when two O-lineman rolled on his leg during a play. He went face down, then held his left knee as trainers quickely gathered around him. More tests will be done before the team decides how long Franklin may be out. “The fear would be it would be something other than a sprain,” said head coach Mike Nolan. “It would be a piece of adversity, something we would need to do a good job responding to.”
Franklin came to San Fran from the Ravens this past offseason, and is expected to help out the Niners in stopping the run. He is currently set to be the starting nose tackle in San Fran’s 3-4 defense. For now defensive lineman Ronald Fields will fill in for Franklin along with Isaac Sopoaga.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on