The very football field where Bill Walsh led the San Francisco 49ers to greatness in the 1980s will be the site of a public memorial service for the late head coach next week. The team announced yesterday that next Friday’s memorial will take place at Monster Park, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Parking will be free for the event and according to the “San Jose Mercury News,” former team owner Eddie DeBartalo Jr. and Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana will be among the featured speakers. NFL Films will also present a special video tribute to Walsh, who died from leukemia on Monday at the age of 75.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on