NFL commissioner Roger Goodell calls former San Francisco head coach Bill Walsh an extraordinary teacher. Goodell issued a statement on the passing of Walsh, who lost his long battle with leukemia Monday. He was 75. Goodell called Walsh a mentor for himself and many others. He said Walsh taught people about the game as well as life and teamwork. The coach was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993. Over 10 seasons coaching the ‘Niners, he had a career record of 102-63-and-1 and led the team to three Super Bowl titles.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on