One day after getting the deal done with first round pick Joe Staley, the 49’ers continue to get their draft picks signed, as they have agreed to terms with their sixth-round RB Thomas Clayton on a four-year deal. Clayton is described as a decent between-the-tackles runner whose off-field problems caused his stock to drop. Right now the 9’ers do not have a ton of depth behind Frank Gore, so if Clayton can stay on the straight and narrow, he can make the 49ers as a special teamer and a backup RB to Gore.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on